About Kalyan Silks
Kalyan Silks is an Indian Textile retailer with the world’s largest silk saree showroom network with 28 world-class showrooms spread across Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman. They wanted to provide their customers with the best and thus came the idea of creating an online store for their loyal customers who could now shop at their favorite shop from anywhere in the world.
The challenge was to convert prospective customers who were interested in online shopping and at the same time give the current loyal customers who were used to the brick and mortar showrooms a wonderful digital experience.
Kalyan Silks has a customer base of more than 10 million users.
- They needed an online solution that was accessible from anywhere in the world.
- They also had specific requirements like overseas customers being able to shop for their loved ones back home on festive occasions.
- It also needed to be interesting enough for the customers to keep coming back to shop more.
- Their online store needed to sell more than —- products.
An E-commerce platform built on Magento was the best solution for this challenge.
- Their target audience included the current customers who were used to visiting their showrooms who mostly included the older generation.
- The target audience also included the newer generation who were used to shopping online for their needs.
- The E-commerce platform needed to include a mobile app too as studies showed that there was a significant increase in people using mobile apps for shopping online.
- The orders need to be synced to a delivery executive app, and the listing was to be sorted in such a way that the route to complete the delivery was the optimum route.
We have a point of contact for each of our clients. An Account Executive was assigned specifically for Kalyan Silks. Like we always do for our new clients, we had an initial meeting where we studied the requirement in detail. We studied the target audience, business and revenue model, etc of Kalyan Silks and an initial wireframe was shared for both websites and mobile app. This was approved with minor modifications. The project plan and UI/UX were made and the features were implemented. After the first implementation, SOAP APIs were developed for syncing the order and stock details with the ERP. The website was hosted in AWS and mobile apps were deployed in respective stores.
|Why is the initial briefing important for a project?|
The briefing process helps the client define the goals of the website build. By having defined goals and outcomes, the client and agency can work together to arrive at an appropriate solution. A brief helps the client to understand why the site cannot be designed in isolation of their marketing strategy.
How Kalyan Silks used the platform to improve their digital presence and sales
- The new and improved Kalyan Silks website was hosted in AWS and the mobile apps were deployed in respective stores.
- They ran multiple offer campaigns through print media and converted the online traffic into sales.
The website helped increase their sales by 50%. The mobile apps saw 4000+ downloads each. We provide Kalyan Silks with continued support for the website and mobile app maintenance and make sure that the UI/UX is updated for better user experience.