The decade is coming to an end. Couple more weeks and we are in 2020. The decade saw a rapid growth in technology. As you are entering a new decade/ new year, we bring to you a few statistics which you need to keep in mind when it comes to the growth of mobile applications.
Some stats regarding Mobile Usage, Performance and Marketing
There will be roughly 7 billion users worldwide by the end of 2020. By 2022, it will increase to 7.26 billion users. (Source.)
- Only 21 per cent of people continue to use an app after the first day. This means that you have to make sure the first impression your customers have of your app is huge. (Source.)
- By 2017, mobile apps accounted for 51 per cent of all digital media usage. It is good to keep these statistics in mind while creating a strategy on how to reach your customer better. (Source.)
- 71 per cent of users uninstall the apps if the app crashes. That is a huge number and you don’t want that happening to your app. So make sure you test your app very well before releasing it. (Source.)
- About 70 per cent of users abandon mobile apps because they take too much time to load.
- More than 51 per cent of people discover a new company or product while searching on their smartphones. So what are you waiting for? Make sure your digital presence is strong. (Source.)
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in offline purchases Make sure that your SEO game is stronger than ever. (Source.)
- There was a 75 per cent increase in Finance and Fintech apps. It reached 3.4 billion downloads. (Source.)
- There was a 130 per cent increase in the sale of food and drinks via mobile apps in 2018 than in 2016. (Source.)
- The cost to acquire a user has decreased by 29.9 per cent. (Source.)
What to expect in 2020?
Now that we have covered a few stats about mobile usage, performance and marketing, it is time to check out what to expect in 2020.
- Voice is the next big thing. It is said that nearly 100 million smartphone users will be using voice assistants in 2020. So make sure your app incorporates it. (Source.)
- 34 per cent of marketers expect to have a voice app by 2020. (Source.)
- 83 per cent of enterprise workload will be in the cloud by 2020. (Source.)
- In the US alone, the number of users viewing video content on a mobile device is projected to reach 179 million in 2020. (Source. )
- Mobile users are predicted to spend around 47 minutes daily on social media apps. (Source.)
What does this tell us? Simple. Voice and video are the next big thing. Make sure that your social media marketing game is strong. Time is precious. Customers are now looking for value. Make sure that you study the trends and patterns in the current mobile market growth and incorporate that in your strategies. Work smart. Be one step ahead of your competition.
Still, waiting to convert your idea into a mobile app? Contact us here and we will help you out.